Vision and Values
To be a leading provider of innovative and energy efficient products used to heat, treat and conserve water, providing value to our residential and commercial customers.
We will create long-term and sustainable business value for our stakeholders and drive growth by:
- Living our values with honesty and integrity
- Taking care of our customers
- Leading through innovation
- Investing in people and operational excellence
- Supplementing organic growth with strategic acquisitions
Statement of Values500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
A. O. Smith will achieve profitable growth
Profitable growth is essential for A. O. Smith’s future. To achieve profitable growth, we must provide:
- New and high-quality products for our customers;
- Greater opportunity for individual advancement and improved job security;
- Growth in investment value for our stockholders.
Not only will we seek an above-average return on stockholders’ investment, we will grow in a planned way so that:
- Our business units will have individualized growth rates that complement each other and produce a company that grows faster than the U. S. economy;
- The capital requirements of growth will be supported by funds generated by our above-average return on investment and by external sources, such as borrowing and equity.
A. O. Smith will emphasize innovation
Innovation is a primary source of profitable growth. Therefore, we will:
- Achieve market leadership in all major product lines through innovation and continuous improvement that increases the value of our products and services to our customers;
- Seek innovative ways to improve our effectiveness as an organization and the productivity of our facilities;
- Foster development of attitudes and skills in our people that encourages involvement and creativity;
- Achieve management excellence to produce the best results and position our company for future growth;
- Focus on achieving profitable growth with a disciplined approach to mitigating risk.
A. O. Smith will preserve its good name
In all dealings with people and organizations, we will act with uncompromising integrity. We will:
- Be fair and truthful in all claims and advertising;
- Deal fairly with customers, suppliers, competitors, government and regulatory agencies, and employees;
- Strictly adhere to all laws and seek only honorable goals while rejecting unethical practices;
- Achieve high standards of quality in all aspects of the business;
- Instill these values in succeeding generations of employees.
A. O. Smith will be a good place to work
In operating our company, we will attract imaginative and competent people. We will emphasize teamwork and welcome diversity in seeking our objectives. We will:
- Create a climate where respect for the individual is fundamental;
- Encourage the freedom and personal growth that comes with self-discipline and enthusiasm for work;
- Treat each other fairly and without discrimination;
- Pay individuals equitably according to their contributions;
- Provide safe equipment, proper materials, and training and always insist on safe practices.
A. O. Smith will be a good citizen
To serve the public and the communities in which we do business, we will:
- Strive for growth that contributes to the economic well-being of the communities in which we are located;
- Provide financial support for and encourage our people to involve themselves in worthwhile civic activities;
- Insist that our plants and operations comply with environmental standards;
- Encourage, in every appropriate way, the protection and preservation of the free enterprise system so necessary for the attainment of these objectives.